Aboriginal Heritage Walk
Journey into the ancestral lands of the Eastern Kulin Nation with an Aboriginal guide.
Gain insight into the rich history and thriving culture of the local First Peoples, and discover their connection to plants and their traditional uses for food, tools and medicine.
This program runs at Melbourne Gardens on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday during school term.
- Discover indigenous plants and their uses and significance to First Peoples
- Share stories and reflect on the significance of Aboriginal culture in Australia
- First Nations People and their connection to Country
- Use of plants for food, tools, shelter and medicine
- Exploring connections to the land and our sense of belonging
Links to Victorian Curriculum
- Level 7-8 Geography, History and Design and Technology
- Level 9-10 Geography