Shared Country (F–6)
Develop a greater understanding and respect for Aboriginal culture.
Students will discover the importance of the environment to the Boonwurrung people and their connection to Country and explore how plants can be used for fibre, medicine, tools, and food.
Foundation to Year 6
- Learn about Aboriginal tools and Indigenous plants
- Use ochre to make paint, stamp handprints and draw significant symbols
- Sample lemon myrtle tea
- Introduction to past and present Aboriginal culture
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Bush foods and art
- Level F-4 History and Design and Technologies
Morning: 10.15am - 11:45am (1.5 hours)
Afternoon: 12.45pm - 2.15pm (1.5 hours)
$13.50 per student
Meet at the lawns of the Ian Potter Lakeside Precinct