Available at the spectacular Cranbourne Gardens
Develop a greater understanding and respect for Aboriginal culture.
Students will discover the importance of the environment to the Bunurong / Boon Wurrung People and their connection to Country and explore how plants can be used for fibre, medicine, tools, and food.
This program runs at the Cranbourne Gardens on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday during school term.
- Learn about Aboriginal tools and indigenous plants
- Use ochre to make paint, stamp handprints and draw significant symbols
- Make Potpourri from native plants to take home
- Introduction to past and present Aboriginal culture
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Bush foods and art
- Level F-4 History and Design and Technologies