Bush Foods (4–6)
Come on a journey through the Australian Garden and discover a variety of indigenous bush foods.
Students will learn Aboriginal knowledge of agricultural systems and food-related tools. They will become familiar with regional food plants and discover how land is managed for food production, harvesting and preparation.
Year 4 to Year 6
- Learn about Aboriginal tools and edible plants
- Have a go grinding wattle seed
- Sample lemon myrtle tea
- Discover bush foods
- Aboriginal tools, design and technology
- Indigenous preparation of bush foods
- Level 3-4 Design and Technology
Morning: 10.15am - 11:45am (1.5 hours)
Afternoon: 12.45pm - 2.15pm (1.5 hours)
$13.50 per student
Meet at the lawns of the Ian Potter Lakeside Precinct