Homes and Hideaways
Available at the iconic Melbourne Gardens
Explore how plant material can be used as homes for animals and people and learn what plants need to help them grow.
Children will engage their senses as they explore the Gardens, looking out for animals in their natural habitat and discovering different plant materials.
- Learn how animals and people use plants for food and shelter
- Use natural materials to create shelters and cubbies
- Cultivate their own plant to take home
- The role of gardens as habitats for local wildlife
- Creating wildlife friendly gardens
- Construction and design
This program supports outcomes from the Victorian Early Years Learning Development Framework