Health and Wellbeing in Nature
Explore the physical, mental and emotional benefits of nature and spending time outdoors.
Students will be challenged to consider how being in nature can contribute to positive emotional and physical wellbeing and discuss the importance of healthy foods, physical exercise and spending time outdoors. They will learn mindfulness techniques and explore the role nature can play in reducing anger, fear, anxiety and stress, and their associated symptoms of blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension and the production of stress hormones.
- Practice mindfulness techniques
- Design mandalas using a collection of natural materials
- Sample a taste of native tea (Cranbourne Gardens)
- Make potpourri to take home (Melbourne Gardens)
- Connect to Country
- Importance of nature to our health and wellbeing
Links to Victorian Curriculum
Level 7-10 Health and Physical Education