Endangered Species: Southern Brown Bandicoot
Learn about the Southern Brown Bandicoot and what it needs to thrive in a heathland environment.
Students will learn how to identify the South Brown Bandicoot and be introduced to the conservation work being undertaken to save the species from extinction.
- Discover how Southern Brown Bandicoot characteristics contribute to nutrient cycles
- Look for evidence to confirm Southern Brown Bandicoot activity in the Australian Garden
- Learn about conservation and land management considerations for the Southern Brown Bandicoot, such as predator control and bushfire succession
- Bandicoots crawl in the urban sprawl
- Introduction to the species including ecology and threats
- Endangered species conservation program
Level 7-10 Science