Sustainable Gardening Melbourne
Develop the basic skills of good gardening practice.
Through a hands-on experience, students will learn about water conservation, organic gardening, and composting. While exploring the Gardens, students will gain skills and inspiration for gardens in their community.
- Observe organic and sustainable gardening methods in action
- Participate in some real work in the kitchen garden
- Propagate a plant/seed to take home
- Organic gardening methods and sustainable practices
- The benefits of gardening for us and our community
- Hands-on learning and sharing ideas
- Level 3-4 Health and Physical Education, Design and Technologies and Science
- Level 5-6 Design and Technologies, Science and Geography
The Food Forest program is a similar program suitable for Years Prep - 2.