Seasonal Garden Discovery
Be introduced to the wondrous world of plants, history and stories of Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria.
Students will connect with the natural environment and discover how plants, people and place interconnect as they explore the varied uses of Melbourne Gardens, such as relaxation, animal shelter, environmental and conservation purposes.
- Identify plant parts and discuss what a plant needs to grow
- Cultivate their own plant to take home
- Make potpourri to take home
- Science, horticulture and living environments
- Gardens as a living and changing environment
- Awareness of the natural world
- The cultural and historical importance of the Gardens
- Level F-2 Geography and Science
- Level 3-4 Science and Health and Physical Education
- Level 5-6 Science