Plants and Animals (F–6)
Get to know the plants and animals that live at Melbourne Gardens.
Students will learn about cycles in nature and the fascinating plant and animal interrelationships and adaptations that exist in different environments. They will be encouraged to consider the role plants and animals play in food, shelter, pollination, fertilisation and decomposition, and their importance within the ecosystem.
Foundation to Year 6
- Observe invertebrates in soil and hear about microbes
- Create their own creature using clay and plant materials
- Visit the Tropical Glasshouse to meet carnivorous plants
- Plant and animal interrelationships
- Level F-6 Geography and Science
Morning: 10.15am - 11:45am (1.5 hours)
Afternoon: 12.45pm - 2.15pm (1.5 hours)
$13.50 per student
Education entrance, Observatory House