Landscapes for Learning
Available at the iconic Melbourne Gardens
Come on a guided exploration of the Ian Potter Foundation Children’s Garden and discover how to develop a sustainable and diverse outdoor space centred around creativity and artistic expression.
Students will learn how to design of outdoor spaces using natural materials and explore the sensory world of plants. They will be introduced to real work in the garden, plant selection, sustainability, biodiversity and how these can be incorporated into their own school environment.
- Discuss features of Melbourne Gardens
- Use natural materials to design and build cubbies
- Cultivate their own plant to take home
- Garden design
- Implementing biodiversity and sustainability in gardens
Links to Victorian Curriculum
- Level F-6 Geography, Design and Technology and Science
- Level F-6 Design and Technology