Connecting to Country
Connecting to Country (3–6)
Develop a greater understanding and respect for local Aboriginal culture.
Students will learn about the Boonwurrung people of the Eastern Kulin Nation and examine the sustainable land practices used by Aboriginal people.
This program runs at the Melbourne Gardens on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday during school term.
Year 3 to Year 6
- Discover indigenous plants and their uses and significance to Indigenous Australians
- Learn how Aboriginal people care for the plants and country
- Examine tools and technologies designed and made by Aboriginal people
- First Nations People and their connection to Country
- Use of plants for food, tools, shelter and medicine
- Exploring connections to the land and our sense of belonging
- Level 3-4 Visual Arts, History, Geography and Intercultural Capability
- Level 5-6 History, Geography, Intercultural Capability and Victorian Aboriginal Languages
Melbourne Gardens: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Morning: 10.15am - 11:45am (1.5 hours)
Afternoon: 12.45pm - 2.15pm (1.5 hours)
$13.50 per student
Education entrance, Observatory House