Friends of Cranbourne
Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne is a vibrant group of more than 600 members who share a love of Australian plants and nature, and raise funds to support the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne.
Being a Friend gives you a special involvement in the ongoing development of Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne through the award-winning Australian Garden and the conservation of the important remnant bushland and its many creatures. Friends may also participate in the following groups and activities:
- Growing Friends propagate and grow plants for sale and use in the Gardens Education program.
- Herbarium Collectors gather and process plant material to preserve for the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne and the National Herbarium at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne.
- Seed Collectors collect and conserve seeds for use in the Friends Nursery.
- Botanical Illustrators work together, exhibit their works in local galleries, hold morning teas with guest speakers, and run botanical art classes.
- Botanical Fabricators work with fabrics themed on native plants.
- Friends In Focus have fun, learn about photography, take photos and enhance and practise photographic skills.
- Activities (garden visits, tours, talks, workshops and other social activities) are offered throughout the year, advertised through the website and our quarterly newsletter, Naturelink.
Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne receive the following benefits:
- our quarterly newsletter, Naturelink
- QuickLink online
- discount rates for both Melbourne and Cranbourne Friends activities
- 15% discount on plant sales at RBG Cranbourne
- Friends-only plant sales
- 10% discount at The Gardens Shop (Melbourne and Cranbourne and the Boon Wurrung Cafe
Membership is open to all
Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne belong to the Association of Friends of Botanic Gardens.
- Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne
A: 1000 Ballarto Road, Cranbourne, Victoria 3977
T: (03) 5990 2200