Global Plants Initiative
The Global Plants Initiative project is a world-wide scientific database hosted by JSTOR.
As part of this global initiative, the National Herbarium of Victoria (MEL) has digitised Australian type specimens, enabling online access to scientists to easily view and compare many fragile and historically significant specimens as well as more recent contemporary specimens. To date 12,800 of the approximately 20,000 Australian type specimens have been digitised as part of this project and 10,005 are now available on JSTOR.
This project is auspiced by the Council of Heads of Australasian Herbaria (CHAH).
- Pina Milne (Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne)
- Rita Macheda (Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne)
- Niels Klazenga (Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne)
- Alison Vaughan (Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne)
- Taryn Ellis (Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, 2011-2013)
- Erin Batty (Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, 2011-2012)
- The W. Andrew Mellon Foundation
- Atlas of Living Australia